Airlight Energy's Advanced Adiabatic Compressed Air Energy Storage (AA-CAES) system is designed
for medium-large scale utilities and grid operators.
Airlight Energy solution
Employing the proprietary storage technology developed at Airlight Energy to store the heat generated
in the compression stage (up to 2/3 of total energy) and reuse it during the expansion stage.
- Very low CAPEX/KWh
- No use of fossil fuels and no need
for gas burners
- High efficiency, above 72%
- Zero CO2 or GHG Emissions
- Suitable for storage of large amounts
of energy (up to couple of GWh)
- Big flexibility: very short ramping times
(< 5 min)
- “Black start”: no electricity needed